Hunting with guns and dogs is in. But is it as stylish as hunting with a crossbow?
These reviews will help you pick the best crossbow 2019 for hunting…
With innovation, these crossbows have been modified to serve the user’s purpose and improve their hunting experience. You can find all kinds of crossbows in 2019 that vary in shape and size but the important factors are not only the pulling mechanism but also various calibers and the shooting range and velocity.
Best Crossbow Reviews 2019
It is however not wrong to state that these modified crossbows are expensive, which is why the best crossbows will enable you to experience new features with less worry of them being destroyed easily.
It is up to the user to buy the type of crossbow best suited for their purpose, but spending more money means getting a better product and a livelier experience with the best crossbow 2019 that you have never had.
Before spending money, however, it is important to know exactly what you are buying. Several parts and features, therefore, are provided in the reviews given below, so that the buyers who are new to this would be able to choose wisely according to their needs.
|Out Of Stock|
|Check On Amazon|
|Out Of Stock|
|Out Of Stock|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Out Of Stock|
|Out Of Stock|
If you are in a hurry, then simply have a look at two of these models below.
One is the best for professionals and expensive as compared to others and the other one is the best crossbow for beginners or entry-level users and of course budget friendly.
1. Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 Review – Best crossbow for the money
This crossbow is quite expensive but it’s worth it.
This type of a recurve crossbow is the fastest one available in the stores. Pros can hit up to 405 FPS and more allow it to make its mark.
Carrying it around is not a problem because just like all the other recurve crossbows it is light. The scope is none other than the most expensive scope; Twilight DLX scope and it goes without saying that it adds up the accuracy of the crossbow.
It is definitely not easy to use hence a lot of features for safety are included. With a speed of approximately 405 fps, it is one of the fastest bows on the market.
With a draw weight of about 290 lbs, it is however not a favorable crossbow. Usually, the users prefer crossbows with a shorter pull length that consumes a lot less energy and helps release the arrow at full speed. Mostly longer pulls mean faster the speed and this is the case with this crossbow but users do not prefer having crossbows with a long pull length.
The bow stringer is not a part of this crossbow which is another let down for the users.
Overall this crossbow can not only be used for target shooting but also big game hunting. The assembly of the crossbow is made easy with a DVD manual that helps you watch and assemble the crossbow. It takes less than 30 minutes to assemble the crossbow and test it.
The adjustment of scope can make shooting and hit the target easily and one has to learn how to adjust it to make that happen. Another advantage of using this crossbow is that it is a lot less noisy than all the other crossbows and a lot more powerful.
4 Diablo arrows come with this arrow which works like a charm.
2. TenPoint Venom Crossbow Review – Compact and Lightweight Crossbow
TenPoint Venom also has one of the best scopes that improves the accuracy of spotting a target. This crossbow is best for both, Professionals and Beginners. Assembling this crossbow is extremely easy.
If cocking the bow is a problem then the advantage of using this bow becomes quite clear as it has a built-in rope cocking feature. Hunting bear, moose, and deer are quite easy using this crossbow. Mostly all the Tenpoint gadgets have an exceptional performance.
The scope is already focused so, after fixing it, not much adjustment is required to start using it. The power of this crossbow is estimated by the weight of the arrows used.
Its structure and shape allow users to move through narrow areas with ease. Hunting is made easier because of its light weight which is another plus for this crossbow.
The piercing power of the arrow is lethal and can move through thickest of objects with ease. 20-inch arrows are preferred for this crossbow and there are specially designed Pro Elite Arrows for this crossbow. The flight of these arrows is linear and swift and they last longer. Carrying these arrows with you is easier as well.
TenPoint offers a constrained lifetime guarantee on the majority of its products including crossbows, yet you should complete the process of the warranty card and give it back in 30 days of buying the crossbow to enact the warranty.
The multi-layered optics amplify and zoom in from 1.5X to 5X, and the transmission of light on this degree is completely amazing. Each shot is swift just like the flight of the arrow, and the scope is generally as accurate in low-light as well as bright conditions. The scope aims effectively and remains constant even after a considerable measure of knocking and jerking movements.
With this crossbow, you won’t have to supplant the scope with any other in the market.
This crossbow, however, offers fewer features compared to other crossbows in the market.
Compared to the cost it should offer more features and hence being costly than most of the crossbows it does not satisfy the users when it comes to the features it offers. The clicks of the safety might distract the user even though the suppressors reduce the noise of the crossbow.
3. Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Review – Fastest Crossbow 2019 (Editor’s Choice)
The Ghost 410, my personal favorite and probably the most famous and rated crossbow by Barnett! What if I tell you that this crossbow is capable to shot an arrow at the speed of 410 feet per second and this is the fastest crossbow in our list and not that much expensive like the above two?
I am sure you will say, “WOW! That must be the most expensive crossbow out there?”. Well, I must tell you that it is not an inexpensive bow but it doesn’t cost a fortune either. It is cheap in cost as compared to the above two and provides more value money.
Let’s have a look at the best features of the fastest compound crossbow you can buy in 2019.
- The mounted scope that comes within the package provides you with a green/red dot illumination, which can be either turn on or off with a single button.
- The crossbow weight is 7.3 pounds only and the draw weight is 185 pounds. The bow is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- The bow uses a 15.4-inch power stroke which can generate an amazing amount of kinetic energy (149ft./lbs).
- The bow is designed to shoot 22-inch arrows with the velocity of 410 FPS. With such specs, you can easily go out there for large games.
4. Barnett Buck Commander Extreme Review – Lightweight and Fast
The weight of this crossbow is 7.1 pounds and it is one of the lightest compound crossbows available in the market. The buck commander extreme is made up of all carbon and aluminum and that’s the only reason, it is light in weight.
It is compact when cocked and that’s why it is extremely easy to use either on hands or on a tree stand.
The BCX is capable of doing a lot of wonders which a hunter ever wish. It comes with all of the tools, so you can enjoy hunting right out of the box. It can shoot arrows at the speed of 365 feet per seconds and it can produce the 118ft./lbs of kinetic energy, which can take the arrow deep inside the target.
Accuracy with the crossbow is great, thanks to the illuminated 3×32 scope. The sturdy, balanced and lightweight design make it easy to carry and easy to use. Also it is extremely comfortable.
5. Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Review – Probably the Excalibur’s most affordable crossbow
Excalibur as a Crossbow Manufacturer is considered one of the most expensive brand. But, here is an affordable option.
The grizzly is a great recurve crossbow and attention seeker for medium and small game hunters. The design is well-balanced, extremely easy to use, and easy to assemble.
The weight of this bow is only 5.5 pounds, which makes it perfect for teens and women. The materials used in the sturdy frame is composite and provides strength and durability. The accuracy is great, 30-inch narrow limbs provide a straight path for the arrow and the build is strong enough to bear 200 lbs of draw weight.
Let’s have a look at the best features of this crossbow.
- The maximum velocity of 304 FPS helps this compact crossbow to take down small-to-medium level games.
- The package includes 4 arrows, so you can start practicing target hunting or archery right out of the box.
- The adjustable scope ensures the accuracy and 200 pounds of draw weight ensure the kill.
- Excalibur Grizzly is designed to be lightweight, easy to use and efficient to shoot. In short, you will get what you will pay for.
6. Barnett Ghost 375 Crossbow – Fastest and Affordable
Here come another famous model by one of the leading brand, the Barnett Ghost 375.
Lightweight, Sturdy built and the accuracy make it one of my favorite crossbow to start with. The size is compact which is really useful for cramped hunting areas. The price is a bit higher than some of the other models in this list, but it worths every cent.
The weight of this monster is only 7.1 pound, and just like every other Barnett product, it is well balanced and easy to use.
It’s ability to shoot 20-inch arrows at the speed of 360 FPS, ensures a handsome kill and great for small-medium level games.
7. Barnett Jackal Package Review – Best crossbow for Beginners
Here comes Barnett with another great crossbow, specially designed for beginners. The package includes a quiver, few bolts and a red dot sight, and all of that you can use right out of the box.
You can assemble this crossbow easily, even its not a tough job for a beginner. More than sure, that it won’t take more than 15 minutes of yours.
There is only one thing missing in the package which is Broadheads. As soon as you get it, you can go out on a hunt.
Let’s have a look at the few of the benefits of this crossbow.
- The maximum speed of this bow is 315 FPS with the maximum draw weight of 150 pounds, which is enough under 300 bucks!
- The best thing is that the package includes everything and the crossbow is extremely easy to assemble.
- Quad limbs provide maximum stability without adding any extra weight.
- The cable system and energy wheels ensure powerful and fast shots, so you can be assured to hit your target.
8. Barnett Penetrator Review – Best Crossbow under 600
Here comes another crossbow all the way from Barnett. Penetrator is super easy to assemble and come with all of the necessary tools, so you can start your practice right away.
Penetrator can shoot arrows at the maximum speed of 350 fps, which can provide 109 ft./lbs of kinetic energy to those arrows. So, the arrows can go deep inside your target.
It is much more for a small and medium-to-large level games.
Let’s have a look at some of the positive points and benefits you can get with Barnett Penetrator.
- 5 years of warranty which covers the stock, limb assembly and trigger mechanism.
- The package includes three 20-inch, 400-grain aluminum arrows. However, I recommend you to buy Carbon arrows. A 4×32 mm scope is also included.
- The velocity is 350 FPS and the draw weight 175 pounds, to ensure your kill.
9. Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Review – Lightest Crossbow (Under $200)
Inferno fury is one of the cheapest crossbows available in our list. Cheap in price, not inc quality to be exact.
This low-cost bow is the best for beginners who are just looking for something inexpensive and lightweight to start their practice. The Arrow Precision Inferno Furey come with all of the essential tools, so you can start taking out right out of the box.
Inferno fury is not a crossbow which is built for large games. The maximum velocity of this bow is 235 feet per seconds only and the draw weight is 175 pounds. But still, if you fire an arrow from 20-30 yards of distance, you can take down a deer.
10. Barnett Wildcat C5 – Best value Crossbow
Wildcat C5 is one of the most popular models of Barnett. It is designed especially for beginners and intermediate-level hunters.
Build Quality and Design
The is nothing wrong with the built quality of this crossbow. You can have a stable and powerful draw, thanks to the quad style limbs that come with energetic wheels. The string and cable system make it easy to pull the 150 lbs draw weight. The weight of this crossbow is 8.5, which is a bit heavy as compared to others in our lineup.
The design is great, featuring performance and comfortability. The grip is extremely comfortable and built with a thumb hole for proper hand placement.
Features and Performance
Barnett Wildcat C5 is packing a number of features and simply amazing when it comes to performance.
- Easy to pull the 150 lbs draw weight, thanks to the cable system.
- Velocity up to 320 FPS, to ensure the kill.
- Wildcat c5 is capable of generating 91 FP of kinetic energy to grasp stationary and moving targets.
- Barnett is providing the 5-year warranty on this model.
- The 4×32 adjustable scope is easy to use and is accurate for up to 20f.
- Comes with a quiver and three 20-inch solid arrows
Barnett is undoubted, one of the leading brands in the crossbow market and you will believe in Barnett after firing this model. Wildcat C5 is featuring a lightweight design, which is fast and powerful. Great accuracy and the ability to attach a cocking device to this bow, makes it one of the finest crossbows ever built.
Other then that, You are getting everything you need to go out on a hunt with this bow, at very low price. So, there is nothing to hate about this crossbow.
As it has always been mentioned in the reviews that before spending money on a crossbow make sure it is compatible with your needs.
The overall selection of the crossbows is based on several factors that include
- The draw weight of the bow
- The speed of the arrow
- The scope
If all these factors are satisfactory, then the user considers the bow for purchasing. The buyer also has to be aware of the fact that the accessories that come with the package are quite important like the rope cocking device and padded slinger.
- The draw weight which means that the power that is required to pull the arrow before the flight. Mostly the bigger the draw weight the faster the speed of the arrow and more power it would have. It is between 75 to 200 pounds.
- The minimum speed with which the arrow should travel is 300 FPS. This means that not only the bows with more draw weight and light bow weight are preferred but also the ones that shoot arrows at a faster speed. Large hunting games prefer such speeds and killing the prey with one shot is not a problem with such a speed. This speed also improves the power with which the bolt hits the target and that is also a very important factor in hunting.
- Having a good scope usually, means that you can have a good distance from the target but also hit a lethal blow with one shot. That also, however, depends on the power with which the arrow is shot and how light the bow is.
Shooting Experience with Excalibur Matrix 405
Why is that our #1 Crossbow?
The scope zooms in on the target and with the help of the red dot the target is easily spotted and so is the region that has to be hit. Once the arrow is loaded and shot the quality and speed of the arrow determine the end result. The professional choice keeping in view these factors would be Excalibur Matrix 405 that is quite powerful and shoots arrows at a speed of 405 FPS which is exceptional.
The noise suppressors reduce the noise made by the bow whereas a draw weight of 290 lbs gives it an exceptional power that could pierce a hole through a sturdy body in a matter of seconds. This bow is however made for the professionals who compete and win.
My Personal Choice – Why I like Barnett Ghost 410?
The editor’s choice is Barnett Ghost 410 that has a shooting speed of 410 FPS and can be handled by the beginners as well as the professionals.
The noise suppressors are not included however which makes this bow quite noisy. Other than that the fact that this bow is for all kinds of users, makes it a great choice and a good candidate.
Other facts one must be aware of
- The bow users also have to be aware of the fact that whenever the bow has to be loaded the wax has to be applied on the string to make the cord last longer.
- Pulling the string without loading the arrow can cause serious damage to the bow.
- The bow has to be light so that it could be carried around easily and mostly the arrows do not have to be heavy enough as well.
It is important that the user knows how to adjust the scope before using the bow. The manual with the package helps the users not only assemble the parts of the bow but also come with the instructions that prove to be quite useful.
Most of the users are fresh and have to learn how to use a bow and the manual helps such users feel easy with the new bow. The durability is also another factor and it is considered to be important but it also depends on the user that how he handles the bow that is given to him. The proper usage of the bow will make the bow last longer.
Top Rated Crossbows
Last update on 2019-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API