You might be a person that’s always on the go. Or maybe you just like having everything readily available at your fingertips, even when you’re sitting in bed. A laptop is incredibly useful when you need to have access to your information, games, media, and more, no matter where you are.
But there is a caveat to all this. In the quest to make sleeker, lighter, more powerful laptops, laptop makers have run into an issue that desktop PCs normally have under control thanks to their size, ventilation, and powerful fans: heat issues. Graphics cards and processors can get intensely hot, especially when working under a heavy load.
When gaming with the latest releases or working with high quality image and video editing, your laptop’s temperatures are going to skyrocket as it kicks your graphics cards and processors into high gear.
This is when a laptop cooler comes into play. Much like how desktop PCs have multiple fans to help keep them well-ventilated and cooled down, a laptop cooler can help provide the extra airflow it may need to take some of the heat off.
Normally, laptops these days have a means to lift the base slightly for better airflow but a laptop cooler’s fans accelerate the process and make cooling faster and easier. As you read on, you will get to see the 15 best laptop coolers so you can make sure your laptop stays cool, looks cooler, lives longer, and doesn’t fry and die.
15 Best Laptop Cooling Pads Of 2022 – An Overview
1. PCcooler Laptop Cooling Pad
2. Tree New Bee Cooling Pad
3. GARUNK Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad
4. TopMate TM-3
5. Wsky Laptop Cooler
6. Kootek Laptop Cooling Pad
7. ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad
8. CM Storm SF-17
9. Otimo Laptop Cooling Pad
10. Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim
11. Targus Lap Chill Mat
12. Havit HV-F2056
13. KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad
14. TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad
15. Thermaltake Massive With Temperature Sensor
When it comes to choosing a laptop cooling pad, there are some features you will need to take into consideration. The number of fans helps determine how much airflow a cooling pad provides for your laptop. The body design of the cooling pad also helps with laptop positioning for ease of use. And of course, the fan speed and fan sizes matter.
In this list, you will see the current top 10 selling laptop cooling pads, then below we give our analysis on some of these based on fans and airflow capacity, body design, and size.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some of the best things I’ve noted while reviewing these products were their number of fans, height adjustability, fan speed and coverage, and body design and dimensions. The fans play a key part in keeping your laptop cool, while the height adjustability improves the comfort level of using the laptop as well as adding more space beneath the laptop for further air movement.
But the fan size and speed also play a very important factor because it helps determine how fast it can get the heat off your laptop and get cool air going through. And of course, you will want it to be large enough for your laptop, but not too large so as to make the fan coverage ineffective.
While reading these reviews, you should be able to get a feeling for which one fits your laptop best. It can depend on your laptop’s size. Your laptop may get hot depending on what it is you do, which can help you decide whether you need just one huge fan, or two, three, four, or even five. Keep your laptop in mind while you read on.
It is important to always measure the width and length of your laptop to make sure that the cooling pad you choose fits the laptop. While it’s okay if it’s a little bigger than your laptop, you don’t want one that’s too big and certainly not one that’s too small.
1. PCcooler Laptop Cooling Pad – Well-Balanced Design
- Fan Coverage: With four 85mm fans running up to 1400 rpm on each corner and a larger 110mm fan in the center running at 1100 rpm, the design encourages hot air to leave out from under the laptop and forces cool air in.
- Adjustable Heights: With six adjustable height settings and an anti-skid design, it’s really easy to position your laptop for optimal sitting posture and maximized hand and wrist comfort.
- Fits Almost All Laptops: From 12- to 17-inch laptops, this cooling pad is a fit for most laptops, especially great for the gaming laptop rigs, which are usually 15 to 17 inches in size.
The PCcooler Laptop Cooling Pad is excellent for fan coverage as well as convenience of use. When you’re looking for a laptop cooling pad that comfortably suits almost all laptop sizes, this is good one to consider.
The fan coverage of the PCcooler is impressive as well, with five fans, four of them being 85mm with a larger 110mm in the center. This kind of fan setup provides an even-cooling effect on your laptop, and you can even adjust the fan speed on the go.
With the fan adjuster, you can make for a quieter experience by dialing the fan speed down, or you can ramp it up when you’re doing some hardcore gaming to keep things cool under pressure.
If you’re into gaming, you’ll like how this cooling board features 10 red LED lights to illuminate your setup. It also gives the cooling pad itself a cool appearance to complement your gaming laptop. And it comes with two USB ports, one for your laptop to power the fan and another for any other USB-devices you’d like to power.
So, while the fans on this cooling pad aren’t as big as they could be, and they can sometimes get noisy while they’re at it, there is a combination of features on this cooling pad that make it a smart choice, especially for gamers whose laptop graphics cards may heat up.
The price for this laptop cooler is also quite affordable amongst its competitors on this list, putting it in the mid-range for cost. But with its combination of utility, comfort, and style, it’s quite worth it.
- Excellent fan coverage.
- Six adjustable height settings using a lateral-bar that works with any surface.
- Fits almost all laptop sizes, great for gaming laptops.
- LED illumination.
- Anti-Skid design.
- Fan sizes could be larger, but it could be because the chassis is not large enough to fit larger fans.
- Can get a little loud during operation.
2. Tree New Bee Cooling Pad – Unique Model Design
- Fan Size and Power: With sizeable fans for good coverage and a fast speed of 1200 rpm, the Tree New Bee sports some good cooling capabilities.
- Stylish Chassis and LED Lighting: With a unique model design and LED lighting, whether you’re a gamer or just want your laptop to look neat, you’ll enjoy this cooling pad.
- Fits Most Laptops: Able to accommodate laptops from 12 inches to 17 inches, the Tree New Bee is perfect for mid- to large-sized laptops that often get hot from intensive operating loads.
The Tree New Bee cooling pad is another impressive entry into this list. It has a strong cooling capacity, boasting four fans, each 120mm in size and going at 1200 rpm for speed. Its size is also good, allowing you to use it for laptops of around 12 to 17 inches in size. The fans come with two speed controllers. And it’s all powered through one of its two USB ports.
As for height adjustment, it comes with two different height settings that are roughly 2 inches in difference, which isn’t too much but can still improve hand and wrist comfort for users.
In terms of design, the cooling pad comes with a non-skid surface, so you don’t have to worry about your laptop sliding off. And the frame of this cooling pad has a very unique design, making it stand out from the more-standard rectangular cooling pads out there.
The Tree New Bee comes with two USB ports, one for powering the cooling pad while the other can be used for other devices. And it comes with blue-green LED lighting for aesthetic appeal, making it an excellent addition to a gamer’s laptop setup.
The Tree New Bee lies in the mid-range of pricing, making it affordable as well as worth every dollar for its features and functionality. If you’re looking for a really stylish cooling pad, this has one of the most unique designs on this list.
- Four 120mm fans at 1200 rpm for strong fan cooling.
- Uniquely shaped frame and colored LED illumination for enhanced appeal.
- Fits most laptops from 12 to 17 inches.
- Anti-skid design.
- Nylon braided cable.
- Height adjustment on two independent pegs which can make it difficult to adjust height when resting laptop and cooling pad on one’s lap versus a table.
- Fans positioned so that the back-center of the laptop might not get much air circulation, which can leave a hotspot—especially where laptop batteries may be situated.
3. GARUNK Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad – Extreme LED Color
- Colorful LED Lighting Setup: With three LED colors and the ability to choose individual colors or sport all three, you can switch up your visual style all throughout the year.
- Big Fans, Big Cooling: With four impressive 125mm fans, the airflow and coverage on this laptop cooler is excellent. And 1500 rpm is nothing to laugh at. Your laptop will stay cool with this one.
- Suits Many Laptops: This laptop cooler is excellent for laptops from 14 to 17 inches in size, highly suitable for powerful laptops as they are often large.
The GARUNK probably has the best LED lighting setup of all the cooling pads on this list. So, if having cool LED lights for your laptop setup is your goal, you’ve already found your winner. But let’s look at what else makes this laptop cooler a pretty solid choice.
The GARUNK features four cooling fans, and they’re not small either. Each fan is 125mm in size and has a speed of up to 1500 rpm. They’re both fast and pretty big, meaning you’re getting excellent airflow as well as coverage. And did we already mention stylish with those LED lights?
The LED lighting features green, red, and blue LEDs, giving you the power of choice. Do you want one color? Choose one. Do you want all three at the same time? Go for it! And it’s all powered by a single USB connection while it has two USB ports.
But again, for a less stylish frame, you’re getting amazing LED lighting effects that already make up for the chassis. Then you’re getting four powerful fans to do what you really bought this for: to keep your laptop cool (and looking cool).
Also, this is one of the more affordable choices in this list. For its humble price, you can get a very effective cooling pad. And while its frame isn’t the most elaborate, the variety of light settings give it a flair that most other cooling pads don’t have.
- Four different LED lighting settings: Blue, Red, Green, and an All-3 combination.
- Larger 125mm fans that are also fast at 1500 rpm.
- Works best with 14- to 17-inch laptops.
- Height adjustable with two settings.
- Chassis design is fairly regular.
- Height adjustments rest on two pegs instead of a bar, making it hard to rest solely on the lap; might need something under the laptop cooler for the pegs to rest on when resting on lap.
4. TopMate TM-3 – Fantastic Fan Speeds
- Five powerful 2500 rpm fans: These fans help keep airflow strong as well as well-distributed, thanks to their size and speed. Even with the corner fans being on the smaller side, their power makes up for it.
- Five Adjustable Height Positions: This cooling pad is highly accessible for varying hand-wrist comfort levels.
- Blue LED Lighting: The LED lights not only enhance visual appeal, but it also works to visually indicate fan speeds. And then of course, there’s the display screen on the front, too!
The TopMate is one of the laptop coolers on this list that is more fit for the upper-mid to smaller laptops. But this laptop cooler is no slouch. For laptops of appropriate size, the TopMate is more than capable of cooling whether for casual entertainment or playing high-end games and rendering high-res models.
This cooling pad sports five fans that run at an astonishing 2500 rpm, meaning the airflow is intense. The fan sizes are 65mm for the four corner fans, with a large 120mm fan for the center. While the corner fans are relatively small, the 2500 rpm easily compensates for the size with increased airflow speed.
The TopMate also features six different speed settings and a screen display to show you information of how your cooling pad is running. The screen display is a neat way to quickly see what settings your cooling pad is on without having to manually check to see how strong the fans are running. And the blue LED lighting also changes in intensity to help show how fast the fans are working. The brighter the lights are, the faster the fans are working.
The body design is certainly unique, giving it an aesthetic appeal along with the blue LED lighting. But also, the laptop cooler features five different height positions with bar support instead of flip pegs. This makes it highly accessible for any user of any hand-wrist comfort level, and it’s great for resting on your lap because of the bar support.
Like most other cooling pads, the TopMate is powered by a USB connection, giving it the convenience of not needing a power adaptor.
This laptop cooler lies in the mid-range of price, making it a great choice when you’re looking for great value for your dollar. Again, though, it is important to remember that this laptop cooler is designed for laptops of 12 to 15 inches in size, so if you have a laptop that is 17 inches in size, you’ll need to look for a different model.
- Five strong fans that can run as high as 2500 rpm, positioned for optimal airflow.
- Blue LED lighting.
- Height adjustable with five settings.
- Small display screen for information on laptop cooler settings.
- Corner fans are smaller than most.
- Uses a hinged flap to hold laptop in place instead of a non-skid surface, meaning laptop could slide side to side.
5. Wsky Laptop Cooler – Big On Fans
- Great Airflow: Large 140 mm central fan and four relatively big 80mm fans keep the heat going out and the cool air coming in.
- Super Ergonomic: With seven height adjustments, this laptop cooler suits virtually any user.
- Compartment for USB cable Storage: With a space specifically for stowing your USB cable, it’s easy to keep this laptop cooler nice and tidy when you’re done using it or when you need to transport it. Great for gamers and those who like to work while on the move!
The Wsky Laptop Cooler is another great entry on this list. It’s one of the larger entries in this list as well, capable of supporting laptops from 12 inches to 18 inches in size. With four fans of 80mm and the large fan being a big 140mm, you won’t have any shortage of airflow or coverage.
The larger fan runs at a leisurely 1100 rpm, but the increased size makes up for it. And the smaller fans run at a fast 2200 rpm, more than making up for any loss from the central fan. The cooling pad comes with two adjustment knobs for fan speeds as well as to control the blue LED lights.
While the Wsky’s chassis is not anything special, with a pretty rectangular shape, this laptop cooler is still designed with ergonomic comfort in mind. With seven adjustable height levels, it has an amazing breadth of adjustments for whatever you’re using your laptop for. It’s sure to accommodate any user for their hand-wrist comfort, while also making it excellent for typists, movie lovers, and gamers.
The only true downside to it is that the height adjustment is supported by two flip tabs instead of a bar, so it might need a little extra something when it comes to resting it on one’s lap.
The Wsky also doesn’t have an anti-skid surface, but instead uses a hinge flap to hold the laptop in place. While it means that the laptop could theoretically slide off to the side, the hinge flap will keep the laptop in place when on any flat surface.
Price-wise, the Wsky is a little on the high-end of the mid-range prices. For its increase in fan sizes, it makes it worth it. Throw in the fact that it is incredibly ergonomic, and you have a great deal.
- A large 140 mm central fan and four 80mm corner fans (large for corner fans) provide excellent airflow.
- Seven height adjustments to suit every user.
- Neat and tidy design makes for easy transport.
- Blue LED lighting for style.
- Height adjustment rests on peg flaps instead of a bar, making it not as great for lap support.
- The larger fan runs at a slower speed, though the small fans helps compensate for this.
6. Kootek Laptop Cooling Pad – Simple Looks, Fantastic Functionality
- Super Ergonomic: From the bar support design to the six height adjustments, this laptop cooler is perfect for every user.
- Great Airflow: With a big 120mm central fan and four 70mm fans, the Kootek does a great job of keeping laptops cool. Especially with the 70 mm fans running at 2000 rpm each.
- Fits Almost Any Laptop: With a size range of 12 inches to 17 inches, the Kootek works great with almost any laptop out there, including gaming laptops.
The Kootek Laptop Cooling Pad doesn’t have the greatest look; it’s pretty much a box rectangle. But it makes up for it with its impressive features. Fitting any laptop from 12 inches to 17 inches, it can handle most laptops from ones for work to larger gaming laptops.
It also sports five fans, with the large central one being 120mm running at 1000 rpm and four 70mm fans running at a stronger 2000 rpm. Together, these fans work to help push the heat out efficiently while getting the cool air where it needs to be.
The cooling pad also comes with multiple settings for the fans, allowing you to either have just the central fan working, the four corner fans running, or all five at the same time, depending on your cooling needs and fan noise tolerance.
Design-wise, it has an anti-slip design with two hinge flaps to keep the laptop in place. While it could slide off one side or the other without an anti-skid surface, the two hinge flaps work better to keep it steady on a flat surface versus just a single hinge flap.
The Kootek is quite ergonomic in design with six adjustable height settings for better hand-wrist comfort and posture. Also, the height adjuster is on a bar support and not pegs, making it great for lap support.
While the central fan runs relatively slow compared to some of its competition, the corner fans put in the extra work to help compensate for this.
The Kootek is priced a little on the high-side of the mid-range laptop coolers. With its features, especially with how adjustable it is, it makes for an excellent choice for anyone with hand-wrist comfort issues or anyone who has various uses for their laptops.
- Six height adjustment levels for all users and comfort levels.
- Great airflow with five fans, including four 70mm running at a fast 2000 rpm.
- Multiple fan settings for various cooling needs and noise levels.
- Stylish blue LED lighting.
- Basic rectangle design.
- Central fan is a bit on the slow side, but is compensated by the faster small fans.
7. ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad – Strictly For Gamers
- Powerful and Effective Airflow: With a large 140mm central fan at 1264 rpm and four 70mm fans running at an intense 2630 rpm, you won’t be found wanting for laptop cooling airflow.
- Designed for Gamers: Three adjustable height levels for the best comfort for gamers.
- Perfect for Gaming Laptops: Rather than being a Jack of All Trades, this is a Master of One. Designed best for the powerful 17-inch gaming laptops.
If you’re a power gamer, and you’re looking for style and cooling efficiency, the ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad is one of the best gaming laptop coolers you can find. The cooling pad comes with stylish red LED Lights to illuminate your gaming laptop (you can also choose green or blue for your LED scheme), and they can be adjusted along with the fan speeds, making the cooling pad glow brighter with more power to the fans.
And speaking of fans, you’ll get a large 140mm central fan and four 70mm corner fans creating effective and powerful airflow. The central fan runs at 1264 rpm, which for its size, will generate quite a gust to keep the laptop cool. But the four corner fans contribute immensely as well with each running at 2630 rpm each, keeping your laptop super cool while you’re gaming hard.
This gaming laptop cooling pad is also ergonomically designed, with three adjustable height levels all with gaming in mind to ensure your hand-wrist comfort while you’re breaking high scores and conquering the leaderboards.
While the chassis itself is just a basic rectangle, it does feature two anti-slip hinge flaps to keep the laptop stable and in place so long as you don’t tilt it to one side or another. This makes it more effective compared to single hinge flap designs.
With its design heavily emphasized for gaming, this laptop cooling pad is best used with 17-inch laptops. It is suitable for laptops of smaller sizes, but the cooling won’t be as efficient.
The ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad is another mid-range price cooling pad. But for its gaming-focused design, it’s well worth the price if you have a 17-inch powerful gaming laptop. However, if your laptop is of any other size, you may want to consider something else on this list.
- Powerful 140mm and 70mm fans.
- Perfect for 17-inch Gaming Laptops.
- Three adjustable height levels for a hand-wrist comfort and good posturing while gaming.
- Stylish red, green, or blue LED lighting options when you buy.
- Severely limited to 17-inch laptops;other sizes may experience varying levels of cooling quality.
- Basic rectangular design for chassis.
8. CM Storm SF-17 – The Biggest Fan
Sporting a massive 180mm fan and four height adjustable settings, this ergonomic laptop cooling pad is perfect for movie watchers, working in the office, and a wide-range of other multimedia tasks.
- Sturdy construction and materials for a tough laptop cooling pad.
- Ergonomic design with multiple height adjustments.
- Height adjustment base is a bar support, great for resting on laps or having better stability on flat surfaces.
- Single fan setup is not as efficient as having three, four, or five fans, not great for gaming.
- Expensive for a cooling pad.
9. Otimo Laptop Cooling Pad – Ergonomic Cooling Pad for Gamers
The Otimo has five fans, with one larger central fan and four corner fans. With excellent airflow and coverage, this cooling pad works great for casual laptop users as well as gamers.
It also comes with six height adjustments and rests on a bar support, making it excellent for using on a flat surface or on your lap.
- Suits laptops of 12 inches to 17 inches.
- Five fans for improved airflow and coverage of laptop.
- Six height adjustments for ergonomic comfort.
- Great for gamers.
- Basic rectangular design.
- Central fan runs at a slow 1000 rpm, but does compensate with four fans running at 2000 rpm.
10. Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim – Lightweight And Easy to Carry
The Cooler Master NotePal features an ultra-lightweight and sleek frame with a single large 160mm fan as its cooling solution.
This cooling pad works well for casual laptop users and those who use their laptops for work or for watching movies.
- 160mm fan works great for casual laptop users and movie watchers.
- Comes with two height adjustments for different comfort levels.
- Works with 15-inch to 17-inch sized laptops.
- Singular fan is not efficient in cooling laptop during intensive workloads, not the best for gaming.
- Simple hinge peg height adjusters, not easy for adjusting height while using it on your lap.
11. Targus Lap Chill Mat – Top Casual Cooling Pad
With dual fans for airflow and a comfortable neoprene exterior for user comfort, the Targus Lap Chill Mat is excellent for casual laptop users who use their laptops for office work or multimedia entertainment and those who like to use their laptop in any comfortable setting.
- Comfortable neoprene exterior makes for comfortable laptop use while resting it on the lap.
- Dual fans work well to keep the laptop cool under casual operation.
- Compatible with all laptops from 17 inches and below.
- Lightweight for easy transport.
- Rubber stops for anti-skid surface.
- Not the best for intensive workloads such as high-end gaming.
- No height adjustment.
12. Havit HV-F2056 – Good For Gamers
With three big 110mm fans running at 1100 rpm, you can expect the Havit to cover your laptop cooling needs.
Positioned for excellent airflow and coverage, this cooling pad works well for any laptop user, including gaming laptops. What’s more, it’s highly suitable for 15-inch to 17-inch sized laptops, which is great for the gaming enthusiast. It also comes with two height adjustment levels.
- Three big 110mm fans for great airflow and excellent surface area coverage of the laptop.
- Stylish blue LED lighting.
- Suits gaming laptops from sizes of 15 inches to 17 inches.
- Height adjustment is supported by pegs, making it ill-suited for resting on the lap.
- Only two height adjustment levels limit ability to suit all hand-wrist comfort levels.
13. KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad – Quiet Efficiency For Gamers
Supporting laptops from 11 inches to 19 inches, the KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad is a great gaming laptop cooling pad for all.
Powered by four large fans that run at a nice 1400 rpm, you can rest assured that your laptop will remain cool.
- Very quiet, running at 26db.
- Four large fans for excellent airflow and surface area coverage on the laptop.
- Supports up to 19-inch laptops.
- Height adjustment has only two levels, limiting ergonomics.
- Height adjustment is supported by pegs, making it not the best for resting on the lap.
14. TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad – Zero Sacrifices For Airflow Coverage
Cool your laptop with five fans with adjustable speeds using the TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad.
With a full mesh surface, there’s no area where airflow is interrupted. This makes for a great gaming laptop cooling pad. It also comes with a laptop support baffle to keep your laptop from slipping.
- Stylish blue LED lighting.
- Five fans for efficient cooling and airflow coverage of the laptop.
- Suitable for laptops from 12 inches to 17 inches.
- Height adjuster only has two levels and is supported by pegs, making it not the best for resting on the lap.
- The anti-slip baffle keeps the laptop from sliding down, but laptop could still slide off one side or the other, making it not great for use on the lap.
15. Thermaltake Massive With Temperature Sensor – For The Temperature Conscious
Great for those who like to keep an eye on their operating temperatures, the Thermaltake Massive uses a temperature sensor and a display to keep tabs on how hot your laptop is getting.
Along with that comes with a control panel for your fan control and locking your settings. This makes for an excellent cooling pad for casual users as well as light to medium gaming.
- Two large 120mm fans maintain impressive airflow.
- Temperature sensor provides feedback on how hot your laptop is getting; you can change the fan settings to adapt.
- Three height adjustment levels for better ergonomic comfort.
- Height adjustment is done on extended flaps, making it not the most convenient for resting on the lap.
- Temperature readout is not entirely accurate as it reads external heat and not internal.
The Buying Guide
When deciding on a cooling pad for your laptop, there are some factors you should really consider before buying.
There are some features that ought to be on every laptop cooling pad, and mainly that involves the specifics of the fans. There are several features about your fans that need to be taken into account. Consider these standard features, and pay close attention to them when assessing laptop cooling pads:
The Number Of Fans Included
The first thing you will want to pay attention to is the number of fans your laptop cooling pad has. The more fans you have, the more aggressive airflow you will get. This also improves the amount of coverage your airflow gets on the surface area of your laptop. The more surface area covered, the more heat gets dissipated.
Furthermore, with the right positioning, more fans can help funnel hot air out better, while siphoning cool air in more efficiently. Pay attention to those fan placements.
The Size Of Fans
The size of your fans also matters. The larger your fans are, the more surface area they have to push air and create airflow. For example, a 180mm fan can push a whole lot more air, even if it’s moving slow, versus a smaller fan moving at the same speed. If your cooling pad has less fans but they are larger, that can compensate for the loss of number of fans.
When you have a very large fan, such as three 120mm fans or a single large 180mm, it can be taken into consideration in place of the number of fans. So long as there’s a balance between size and number, efficient cooling can take place.
Speed Of Fans
Fans can’t move air without moving. And the faster the fans move, the more airflow your laptop gets. The speed of your fans is measured in rpm or rotations per minute. Though just like the other two standard features about fans, it’s important to see if there is a balance.
A fan’s speed efficiency can be judged by measuring it against the fan’s size and the number of fans. For example, even if you have five fans, if they don’t move fast enough, airflow will not be strong enough to mitigate heat quickly. Alternatively, a single large fan might move a lot of air thanks to surface area, but if it isn’t moving fast enough, heat will accumulate faster than the fan can move it.
Additional Top Features
There are other features that should be considered too when looking at cooling pads for your laptop. While these aren’t always guaranteed to be with every model, the more of these you can get, the better! Take a look at these features and consider them:
Ergonomic Design: Height Adjustment
Ergonomics has become more and more important as health issues continue to arise from prolonged use of computers and laptops. Hand-wrist comfort is important to help improve posturing as well as to alleviate the risk of developing problems such as carpal tunnel and muscle strain. One of the ergonomic features that help with this is the ability to adjust the height of your computer or laptop devices. In this case, we’re talking about the laptop cooling pad.
Consider how many height adjustment levels a laptop cooling pad has. The more levels it has, the better chance you will find one that’s right for you.
Anti-Skid Surfaces And Laptop Placement Holders
It’s inconvenient when your laptop is sitting on its cooling pad, and suddenly it slips off. Not only is it inconvenient, but it can be expensive because your laptop could get damaged from a fall. What good’s a laptop cooling pad if your laptop is broken?
If you’re not into performing balancing acts with your laptop, it is best to make sure you have anti-skid surfaces on your laptop cooling pad, like rubber stops or at least hinge flaps that keep your laptop from sliding downward when the laptop cooling pad is elevated.
Fan Speed Adjusters
Regardless of if you’re using a laptop or a desktop PC, when fans run at higher speeds, there is more noise. Some people don’t mind it. Others can’t bear it.
The “Coolest” Choice For Your Laptop
All in all, when deciding on a laptop cooling pad, it really depends on what it is you do with your laptop. Maybe you’re a casual internet user, and the most you do is watch a few YouTube videos, check your social media, and exchange emails with friends, family, and work associates. In that case, you don’t really need a high-end laptop cooling pad, and you could probably settle for something with just one or two fans.
On the other hand, if you’re a gamer, you probably don’t want to put any stops on the number of fans you can get or how fast those fans go. Intensive workloads on your laptop will absolutely generate more heat, so go wild on the cooling features.
The ergonomics is so that your hands, your wrists, and your back don’t suffer either while enjoying your laptop devices. Make sure that the laptop cooling pad that you choose takes care of both your laptop as well as yourself.
This guide can help make sure that you pick the right laptop cooling pad. So long as you take into account the features that I’ve listed in the buying guide, you’ll be able to make sure that your cooling pad is able to keep up with your laptop’s specifications as well as the tasks you use your laptop for.
Last update on 2023-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply